When a Pet Emergency Arises…
When your beloved family pet has an emergency, the last thing you want to worry about is the quality of care he or she will receive. Cordova Veterinary Hospital is a full-service facility, equipped to handle veterinary emergencies during regular business hours. Simply call us at (916) 363-9443 or bring your pet in.
Our hours are:
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
If your pet requires medical attention after regular business hours, please contact one of the following emergency veterinary clinics that come highly recommended by our trusted veterinarians:
7425 Greenhaven Dr
Sacramento, CA 95831
VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center
9801 Old Winery Place
Sacramento, CA 95827
We love our pets and want to give them the best care possible. Their health and safety is just as important to us as our own wellbeing. Knowing when your pet requires emergency care can make the difference in the outcome of a situation. Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet is experiencing any of the following symptoms or conditions:
- Bleeding from any part of the body or blood in feces or urine
- Severe or persistent coughing; choking sounds
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Difficulty or shallow breathing; seems to be choking
- Difficulty giving birth
- Eye injury resulting in redness, swelling, squinting, or discharge
- Ingested toxin, poison, or foreign object
- Swallowed rocks, bones, sharp objects, cloth material, string, etc.
- Injured or hit by a car; hurt by another animal; fallen from a great height
- In pain
- Lethargic or non-responsive
- Unexplained lumpsthat are growing rapidly or bleeding
- Trouble urinating
- Weight loss or loss of appetite
If you have a question or if your pet is experiencing a veterinary emergency, contact Cordova Veterinary Hospital or one of the emergency veterinary facilities listed above to ask for advice on how to proceed in getting the appropriate treatment.