Pain Management Options for Your Pet
Oftentimes, you may not be aware that your pet is experiencing discomfort, as pets are likely to mask or hide the signs they are in pain. Routine veterinary visits, along with a comprehensive animal health care plan, will help our veterinary professionals identify when your pet would benefit from pet pain relief.
Cordova Veterinary Hospital's top priority is providing your pet with comprehensive quality animal health care. We will work with you so you can identify the signs of when your pet is experiencing discomfort, provide you a wide range of pain management options, and answer any questions or concerns you may have along the way.
Each pet is unique in how his or her pain is best managed. For this reason, we are pleased to provide our patients with several methods of pain management that can include:
- Local anesthesia—Used for surgeries to numb an area and prevent pain from developing.
- Pet medications—Utilized to fight infection as well as manage inflammation and pain. Our in-house pharmacy stocks many routinely prescribed medicines, and we can assist you with online ordering when needed.
- Therapeutic laser treatment—A drug-free, non-surgical option in treating both chronic and acute conditions, as well as post-surgical pain and inflammation.
- Physical therapy—Used to increase flexibility, strength, and stability while reducing pain in senior and post-surgical patients
- Acupuncture—Cordova Veterinary Hospital welcomes a consulting practitioner to our facility to provide this service to our patients